The purpose of APSAD regulation R7 is to guide users, specifiers and installers in the management of a project involving the design and installation of automatic fire detection systems in all types of sites and buildings.
The main points of APSAD R7 are:
- Installation design.
- Choice of type of detectors.
- Layout of the signalling equipment.
- Water supply sources.
- Electrical installations.
- It contains two chapters relating to checks.
- The first covers inspection visits to verify compliance.
- The second relates to periodic and maintenance checks.