In addition to its insurance missions, FM Global (Factory Mutual Global) conducts its own scientific research, approves fire protection equipment (FM Approvals) and issues its own installation rules (FMDS – Factory Mutual Data Sheet).
FM Data Sheets are recognised standards for the protection of numerous industrial activities.
The FM Data Sheets most often used by Cyrus Industrie for the design of fire protection installations include:
- FMDS 7-14 > Fire & Explosion Protection for Flammable Liquid, Flammable Gas, & Liquefied Flammable Gas.
- FMDS 7-29 > Ignitable Liquid Storage in Portable Containers.
- FMDS 7-83 > Drainage Systems for Ignitable Liquids.
- FMDS 7-101 > Fire Protection for Steam Turbines and Electric Generators.
FM GLOBAL 2-0
This data sheet contains recommendations for the installation of sprinklers and the components of the related above-ground piping systems.
Other data sheets are used for the design of sprinkler systems, notably:
- FMDS 3-7: Fire Protection Pumps.
- FMDS 3-10: Installation/Maintenance of Private Service Mains and Their Appurtenances.
- FMDS 5-48: Automatic Fire Detection.