The purpose of the concept design phase for a fire protection system is to :
- Propose one or more general solutions to the client’s requirement, indicate their completion time and examine their compatibility with the part of the budget estimate assigned to the works.
- Ascertain the feasibility of the operation in relation to the various programme/site constraints.
The concept design will produce results that will be used to determine whether the project will be continued or shelved. Cyrus Industrie helps you determine the objectives and intended outcome of the project, and gives advice throughout the decision-making process.
The purpose of the preliminary design phase is to confirm the feasibility of the intended solutions and to establish the system’s main features: The phase includes :
Definition of the necessary protection in relation to the risk (surface area, density and application rate), definition of any related work required (alterations to premises, interconnected processes), project scheduling, financial assessment of the project per item and technical/financial breakdown.
Detailed engineering design
During the project design phase, our services include the detailed engineering designs of fire protection installations:
- Piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs).
- Detailed designs of the adopted solution (pipe routing, support schedules) during the preliminary design phase.
- The close-up isometric view and hydraulic design calculations of the installations.
- Dimensional design and guide drawings for the layout of the valve room and foam concentrate storage and proportioning system (if necessary).
- Proof-of-principle designs and single-line process flow diagrams for the electrical/instrumentation/alarm control components.
Cyrus Industrie can prepare a tender documentation package that will help you select the contractors who will implement your fire protection project.
The package contains essential documents for understanding and costing the project from A to Z.
The tender documentation package developed by Cyrus Industrie may contain:
- Tender regulations.
- Letter of commitment and any appendices.
- Particular administrative specifications.
- Particular technical specifications.
- Maintenance contract, etc.
Assistance with tender and contractor selection process
The purpose of this service is to prepare contractors so that they can make an informed bid, on the basis of a package comprising the relevant technical and administrative documents.
This assistance mission includes :
- Analysing the contractors’ bids and checking document compliance. Methods and solutions are examined to ensure that they are justified.
- An economic analysis by comparing the bids.
- Writing a comparative analysis report to identify the bids that are likely to be of interest to the client and that meet predetermined criteria.
The final part of this particular assistance service is the preparation of clarifications to enable works contracts to go ahead without any snags.
Approval of contractor’s drawings
The Approval (“Visa”) mission element of the so-called “MOP” Act relating to public-sector construction procurement (or the corresponding mission in the case of contracts signed with private clients) is a major component of a project management mission, representing around one-third of site work follow-up (excluding superintendence). Good technical and organisational management of construction documents by the contractor results in a more efficient approval mission and, in return, the approval mission is a means of safely guiding the contractor’s construction engineering in terms of design assumptions and in extending the management project and of consolidating the construction documents through approval sign-off in accordance with the works contract.
It is therefore important that:
- Each party observes its construction document scheduling commitments to avoid the need to extend site work lead times.
- The Prime Contractor fulfils its role to assure the quality and conformity of the structure.
- All construction document and approval processes are conducted in such a way as to avoid the risks of project overspend.
Control of this mission is therefore essential to the success of the project.
Planning and supervision of contractors' work
We offer tailored monitoring solutions (permanent presence or regular or ad-hoc visits) for optimum assistance during the period of work.
Our services during this phase specifically cover:
- Monitoring of the works schedule.
- Planning and coordination of the contractor’s presence on site.
- Participation in weekly site meetings and the writing of minutes.
- Checking the compliance of works with the contractor’s drawings during performance and upon completion.
- Checking actual progress of works against the amounts invoiced by contractors.
- Mechanical acceptance testing of the works.
- Monitoring of outstanding work stipulated on acceptance through to final completion.
Assistance with acceptance operations
Client assistance during acceptance operations is aimed at organising works acceptance tests and following up on any outstanding work identified during the operations.
The services proposed by Cyrus Industrie include:
- An inspection visit to check the compliance of works with the contractor’s drawings upon completion of the works.
- Supervision of pipe rinsing operations carried out by the installer.
- Supervision of hydraulic tests on piping.
- Checks to ensure pump system data is correctly transferred to the site’s fire monitoring system.
- Assistance with the commissioning of equipment and accessories.
- Physical organisation of acceptance testing operations.