ATEX (explosive atmosphere) study – 4 steps
• ATEX risk analysis :
• Description of activities presenting an ATEX risk
• Identification of the rooms presenting an ATEX risk
• Definition of the zones
• Preparation of zone classification plans,
• Suitability of the equipment liable to be an ignition source,
• Writing of the ‘Explosion Protection Document’ (DRPCE).
• Article R4216-31 of the French Labour Code relating to the prevention of explosions,
• Articles R4227-42 to R4227-54 of the French Labour Code relating to the prevention of explosions.
• EN 60079-0: General requirements
• EN IEC 60079-10-1: Classification of areas – Explosive gas atmospheres
• EN IEC 60079-10-2: Classification of areas – Explosive dust atmospheres
• EN IEC 60079-20-1: Material characteristics for gas and vapour classification
• EN 1127-1: Basic concepts and methodology.